Prepare Your Lawn for Spring
February 19, 2018
All of our markets have gotten a taste of early spring with temps in the 70s and, in some cities, in the 80s! We love seeing Mungo homeowners already out sprucing up their yards. Not sure where to start? Here are a few tips:
- It's finally time to clean up the leaves, pine cones, sticks and other debris that have gathered over the winter. (No more excuses!)
- To give your lawn a jump start, use a combination of fertilizer, which feeds your grass, and pre-emergent, an herbicide used to prevent crabgrass.
- Once your dormant grass starts to grow, you need to start mowing. Don't let it get too high in the early weeks or you'll actually stunt its growth.
- Now is the time to test your sprinkler system and make any adjustment or repairs to cracked or broken sprinkler heads.
- Clean out your flower beds, edge, and plant. Then finish with a nice mulch or straw.
- In the south we love planters on our porches, so visit a local garden center, home improvement store, or even search online for ideas.